The Collaborative clinical research network on Friedreich’s ataxia from Montreal is now seeking the participation of a pediatric patient with a diagnosis of Freidreich’s ataxia in order to join the study of natural history!
This international network brings together 13 sites working together to advance the treatment and clinical care of people with Friedreich’s Ataxia
The main objectives of the network:
- Identify and validate clinical outcome measures and biomarkers in FA required for clinical trials;
- Facilitate the implementation and delivery of clinical trials;
- Share data and resources to advance FA treatments;
- Define best clinical practices for FA and provide the highest level of clinical care to patients;
- In each clinical research center, encourage the establishment of a team of doctors, researchers, and professionals dedicated to FA.
After seeking the participation of individuals over 18 years of age with a Freidreich ataxia diagnosis, we are now recruiting pediatric patients to join the natural history study of the disease. This project aims to systematically document clinical symptoms and progression of FA. This research project is approved by the CHU Research Ethics Committee. For more information, please contact Dr. Antoine Duquette: firstname.lastname@example.org