or by mail to Ataxia Canada
1751 Richardson (suite 5400 )
Charities registration number: 107600132 RR0001
Since 2006, Federal and provincial governments grant an important incentive to taxpayers who donate traded securities. In fact, when you donate the shares directly instead of selling those shares and donate the cash proceeds, you are exempt of tax on the capital gain!
Consequently, you increase significantly your contribution and you get a tax receipt which reflects the market value of the stock at the time of your contribution.
Gift of Goods or Service
- Advertising space
- Hotel stays/travel and spa packages
- Movie/event/concert tickets
- Gift certificates
- Gift of a used road vehicle (Revenue Québec)
In Memoriam donationIn memoriam donation
Did you know that Ataxia Canada…
- Operates entirely on donations from the public and fundraising activities
- Does not use the services of specialized fundraising companies
- Does not solicit to it’s donors more than once per year
- Puts 80% of revenue towards research
- Has only two employees on staff
- Does not share the names of donors with other organizations
Giving to Registered Charities. What’s in it for me?
Charitable donation tax credit calculator
Video by Canada Revenu Agency