Rules and regulations — Definitions
- Ataxia Canada is the main organizer of the Ataxia Challenge.
- The Ataxia Challenge is a bike-a-thon approved by the FQSC (Fédération québécoise des sports cyclistes) and is part of Quebec’s bike-a-thon challenge series.
- Three distances are offered.
- Participation rules for the Ataxia Challenge event are those defined in the FSQC’s bike-a-thon safety regulations.
- You can register on the Ataxia Challenge website or use the “eventbrite” platform eventbrite registration (French only)
- To register, you must be in good physical shape and be over 14 years of age.
- Each cyclist who participates in the Ataxia Challenge does so knowingly and willingly, with the understanding that this type of event involves certain risks. Ataxia Canada and its officers cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury or accidents provoked by a participant.
- All participants in the Ataxia Challenge event must have read and signed the forms accepting responsibility for the risks, as well as the release of liability documents pertaining to this event.
- Cyclists must wear helmets.
- Cyclists must follow road safety rules, see https://fqsc.net/securite/strategie (French only).
- Cyclists must ride in single file and always in the right-hand lane.
- Cyclists must avoid any sudden moves that could harm other cyclists.
- Cyclists must carry on their person an identification card with current photo and address. A health card is recommended.
Preparation for the event
Distribution of participant packages
Participant packages can be picked up the morning of the event, between 7:00 and 8:30 a.m.
The bracelets provided in the participant packages must be worn at all times during the event. The bracelets are required to access the different facilities and services offered.
9:00 a.m. at the Parc des Ateliers in Chambly.
Agreeing to the regulations automatically includes granting permission to the Ataxia Challenge and the media covering the event to use the participant’s image, in the form of photos or videos taken that day, for the promotion and broadcasting of the event in any form (film, video, photos, newspapers, internet, television, etc.)
Release of liability
ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE ATAXIA CHALLENGE EVENT ORGANIZED BY ATAXIA CANADA MUST, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, ACCEPT THE REGULATIONS AND ALL PARTICIPATION RISKS BY SIGNING BELOW. THIS AGREEMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHT TO CLAIMS IN CASE OF INJURIES SUSTAINED DURING THE EVENT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
- The undersigned participant (“participant”), in her or his name and in the name of her or his representatives, assigns, heirs, personal executors and successors, hereby completely and indefinitely relieves and discharges the Ataxia Challenge, the city(ies) and regions hosting the event, the Fédération québécoise de sports cyclistes, all municipal agencies whose property or staff are involved or are taking part in any form in the event, all companies sponsoring or co-sponsoring the event or any related individual, as well as any charity associated with the event, together with their agents, directors, shareholders, successors and assigns (jointly the “releasees”), from all responsibility for the participants and their representatives, assigns, heirs, personal executors and successors with regard to loss, damage or claims arising from any injury or material damage sustained by the participant or the death of the participant, whether caused by the passive or active negligence of the releasees or by any other means, in relation to the participant’s participation in the event (“losses”), and other subsequent involvement, and agrees not to pursue any of the aforementioned parties for such losses.
- The participant is fully aware of the risks and dangers inherent in participating in this event and freely chooses to participate in it. The participant accepts all risks of loss, damage or injury that may arise from participation in this event. The participant states and guarantees to the releasees that she or he is in good physical condition and is able to safely participate in the event.
- Acceptance of the regulation mandatorily implies that the participant grants permission to the Ataxia Challenge and the media covering its events to use her or his image, in the form of photos or videos taken during the event, for the purpose of promoting or broadcasting the event in any form (film, video, photos, newspaper, internet, television, etc.)
- The participant acknowledges that the fee paid to register for the event is not refundable or transferable.
- The participant understands that in the case of force majeure independent of its will, the Ataxia Challenge may postpone or cancel the event. In such a situation, the registration fee and any other costs assumed by the participant pertaining to the event will not be refunded.
- The participant guarantees that all aforementioned declarations are correct and understands that the releasees rely upon them to authorize the participant’s participation in the event.
THE PARTICIPANT HAS READ THE INFORMATION HEREIN AND HAS SIGNED, FREELY AND WILLINGLY, THIS GENERAL DISCHARGE OF RESPONSIBILITY, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT.